WCST’s Prevention Educators are an integral part of our prevention team whose primary duties are the delivery of comprehensive prevention strategies in area schools, youth mentorship, and promotion of community building strategies that increase prosocial attitudes and skills and decrease interpersonal violence. This part-time position will work alongside other prevention professionals at WCST and within the Josephine County community to bring the highest level of positive youth development programming to area schools. If you are looking for a rewarding job with real purpose, please see the abbreviated job description below and visit http://www.wcstjoco.org/employment.html for a complete job description.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate educational programming in classrooms using best practices and WINGS curriculum.
- With support of the Prevention Program Coordinator, partner with local schools and provide resources, information and training pertaining to violence prevention.
- Attend and actively participate in community meetings and cohorts that focus on the overall health of our community.
- Assist in development, administration, analysis, interpretation, and promotion of outcomes and results of WCST prevention activities.
- Properly track and log all WCST prevention (and school-based intervention) activities and participation statistics.
- Professionally represent WCST in area schools, at community events, fundraisers, and social activities.
- Remain relevant to area youth conducting research and analysis of current events, current youth culture, use of violence in society, and social and cultural pressures facing youth. Maintain leadership in prevention education by connecting with current research, best practices, and participation in prevention trainings, webinars, and education activities.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed WCST employment application. Applications can be obtained at http://www.wcstjoco.org/employment.html.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WCST is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time