Department: Shelter Programs
Supervisor: Shelter Coordinator
Location: Talsunne Safe House
Hours: 5:30pm-12:00am shift and/or weekend day 9am-5pm-Approximately 15-30 hrs
Employment Status: non-exempt, hourly, $12.00 hour.
Benefits: This position does not offer PTO or Health Insurance benefits.
Summary: Work as an integral part of the Safe House team by providing oversight to the shelter and advocacy to the residents.
- Represent the mission, values and philosophy of Women’s Crisis Support Team to program participants, staff and to the general public.
- Appropriately manage confidential information.
- Complete necessary program documentation, inputting daily statistics, logs, etc.
- Answer crisis line and respond to intervention calls for advocacy from law enforcement or the hospital; provide information and referrals; provide safety planning, crisis intervention and screening for the Safe House; and other WCST services.
- Orient new residents to the Safe House and WCST services and properly manage intake and exit processes. Provide advocacy, education and support for residents.
- Routine maintenance of the shelter facility
- Responsible for assuring the premises are clean and orderly by performing cleaning
- Sorting donations during the shift
- Provide oversight during the shift and keep the shelter running smoothly.
- Provide transportation for shelter residents or off site victims.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and underserved communities.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) and /or Bicultural preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence/sexual assault and the impact on adult and child survivors.
- Knowledge of community resources, agency networking and ability to offer peer counseling.
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm, make sound decisions, give clear direction and provide strong leadership in crisis situations.
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence preferred.
- Experience in crisis intervention preferred.
- Must have excellent judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized, creative, empathetic, and people oriented.
- Experience in word processing, email, and Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
- Must have transportation, current insurance coverage, and a valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of WCST 40+ hour advocacy program (may be completed after hiring) and Advocate Certification
- A criminal background check will be conducted for all applicants considered for employment through the WCST.
The Women’s Crisis Support Team strives for a free and open hiring process, and does not discriminate on the basis of cultural affiliation, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, age, gender, physical ability, and national origin, religious or political belief.
To apply, please visit our website: www.wcstjoco.org to download the application. Please submit a cover letter, resume and completed application to 560-A NE F St. #430 Grants Pass, OR 97526
No Phone Calls Please.